Working together to improve lives and our community
Metro United Way is made up of people who want to make a real difference in our community. Our ability to make a lasting impact across our community begins with the people who work here.
I believe that Metro United Way is an exciting, vibrant place to work that offers:
- Opportunities to make a long lasting positive change and be part of our industry-leading work in the community. Our mission is to improve lives and our community by engaging people to give, advocate and volunteer. To accomplish this, we work in partnership with businesses, government and community organizations.
- Career growth and development — many of our staff members have taken on new jobs within the organization and we're constantly creating new opportunities to grow.
- A diverse and inclusive workplace — we strive to reflect our community and embed diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our work.
- Work-life balance — we consider our team's happiness an important part of being motivated, enthusiastic and productive in their work. That's why we offer flexible daily schedules, telecommute options, and the opportunity for casual attire.
Metro United Way offers a well-earned reputation for trust, transparency and integrity — as insiders, our employees see how accountable we are and support our vision of a community whose people achieve their fullest potential through education, financial stability and healthy lives.
We also are proud of our open culture with regular opportunities to come together during our monthly staff meetings and monthly marketing socials. Our staff has both a collective and individual voice — we promote integration across teams, share news through all-staff emails, engage employees through surveys, annual retreats, and celebrations of our results that impact the quality of life for many children, families and individuals in our community.
We look for people who want to combine their professional talents with a commitment to our mission. We have high expectations of our team members, including:
- Being guided by our values and living them every day
- Acting with a sense of caring and commitment to the community
- Demonstrating high standards of professionalism
- Taking accountability for challenging goals
- Earning the trust placed in us by our partners across the community
In working toward our mission and vision, we are reminded that it’s our people who help create opportunities for a better life for everyone. That's why we fight for the education, health and financial stability of every person in Bullitt, Jefferson, Oldham and Shelby counties in Kentucky and Clark, Floyd and Harrison counties in Indiana.
Our children's future and the future of our community depend on our commitment to Live United. I hope you will consider joining us to truly make a difference.
President & CEO